Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bread Crust Pudding Pancakes

If you love bread pudding you are going to love these pancakes. If you don't like bread pudding, well, you still might like them. They are pretty darn Delicious. But they do in fact taste like bread pudding. Just an FYI.

                                                                   !!!YummmmmY!!!

Here is what You will need.
(You will most likely have it all.)
Leftover Bread Crusts from 1 loaf of bread3/4 cup flour2 tablespoons sugar1 tablespoon baking powder1/2 teaspoon salt2 cups milk1 teaspoon of vanilla1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon2 large eggs3 tablespoons butter
You know what is totally strange? The Original recipe I used to create this called for you to cut crust off of your bread & discard it. Well obviously I changed that! What a waste!!!
IF you are finding this recipe & don't have extra crust- that's okay, just chop up some bread (Including crust) about 7-8 slices.
Okay, Take all of your bread crusts & chop them in small pieces & place them in a large bowl.
Add all of your dry ingredients in the bowl with your bread.
3/4 cup of Flour (I used Wheat flour)
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
1 tablespoon of Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
Mix them all together.
In a separate bowl combine your "wet" ingredients including cinnamon.
2 large eggs- Beaten
2 cups milk (I used 1% because that is what we had. You can use Whole Milk if you would like)
1 teaspoon of vanilla1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a separate bowl
Now combine everything together & mix well. Squish the bread crumbs.
See how its lumpy? Its because we used Crust- No Big deal! Just mix it up a little more squishing the bread crumbs. Then let sit for 10 minutes & go make yourself a Coffee! That's what I did! Oh, & I started cooking some bacon per Alexis's Request!
This is what your mix will look like after it has sat for about 10 minutes. A LOT less lumpy!
Now its time to put it on the griddle! I was so excited to try out my new griddle, Its nothing special - Besides the fact that it was my birthday present from my handsome husband! I am so happy he listened to me & got me what I wanted!! This is my first stove top griddle! :)
Okay back to the pancakes, I know the light is a little different but as you can see the pancakes are ready to be flipped! They have thickened & start to have air bubbles in the top. You know they are ready to flip!
Looking good! They look a little "Dark", they all will be, but they are not burnt. Don't worry, I am not teaching you how to make burnt pancakes! haha ...
Yummm... Now look at those! Aren't they yummy? I topped this one with butter & syrup. My son LOVES Pancakes Syrup! "Waffles"are his favorite food. He is always asking for waffles & syrup. It doesn't matter if I make pancakes, waffles or french toast, they are Waffles to him.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tips & Hints
I topped my Bread Pudding Pancakes w/ smashed banana. Sounds weird- but its good!

You can also add any type of smashed fruit into the batter to make it a little healthier. You could add smashed banana, smashed apples, raspberries, ext. Just use your imagination! Change it up a bit.

Often times we saute apples in butter, cinnamon & apple pie spice and eat as a dessert, the author of the original post I found for bread pudding pancakes did the same thing (well similar enough) & topped them on her pancakes. Great idea! If I had some apples I would have done it myself! So Tasty!




No comments:

Post a Comment