Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Healthy Banana Ice Cream

Healthy "Ice Cream"

My 5 year old son Braiden & I are on a "Health Kick" Anything that is healthy, we are interested in it. Especially if it is delicious and we can call it a dessert!

You will Need:
Banana's (I used 4 large bananas) Pealed*
Cocoa Powder (Optional)
Peanut Butter (Optional)
Vanilla (Optional)
Whipped Cream (Optional)
(As you can see by all the "Optional's" you can pretty much make this how ever you want!)

First cut up all of your bananas in chunks & freeze them uncovered
for at least 2 hours (over night is just fine) I froze them in a Tupperware
container stacked on top of each other kind of zig zagged so they would
be easy to break apart.
Place your frozen bananas in your blender & Blend, Blend, Blend!
This is a good 10 seconds into blending...
30 seconds...
This is about 2 minutes into blending. You can see that its starting
to look like Ice Cream but not quite all the way there. Still some
Chunks of banana that need blended.

This is my blended banana! Awesome!
You can eat it just like this if you want! Tastes Great!

I added 1 tablespoon of PB, 1 tablespoon of Cocoa Powder & 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
(My husband is not a big Banana Person so I was trying to make it not taste like banana)
Now Blend! ;)

We topped it with Whipped Cream & sprinkles to make it fun.

Kids LOVED it!Husband, not so much. Tasted too much like Banana Pudding for him...

But Here is a tip if you don't like Banana's all too much... the riper you let the bananas get, the less they will taste like banana. I used YELLOW bananas. So go ahead and wait until they are spotty brown on the outside & then freeze them (Pealed & Cut)

Also, make sure to serve this immediately! If you spend any time doodling around it will become "pudding like" ... Could be another reason my husband didn't like it as much.... I of course had to take pictures so there was a slight delay getting his ice cream to him. :)

You know what I JUST realized??... My husband is a pain in the butt... He LOVES Banana Pudding... Yet he didn't like this? Maybe its because he was expecting Ice Cream... haha he's so stubborn!!

Braiden's Ice Cream


Alexis's Ice Cream. (She's a Weirdo & doesn't like Whipped Cream.
Yet she likes Cool Whip!? Yup, Weirdo!)


2 comments:

  1. I've SOOOO been wanting to try this! I love bananas and should probably opt for something like this rather than ice-cream... I'll have to pick up some bananas soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! Alexis & Braiden thought it was awesome that I turned bananas into ice cream. I love that its completely healthy yet tasted like it was a dessert & was very simple to make! :) Thanks for taking the time to read my blog Rene! :)

      Delete